It’s hard to overstate the importance of safety in construction projects. What makes it so critical?
- Unsafe practices lead to jobsite accidents. Besides the obvious personal toll of any injury, job-related injuries can lead to workers’ compensation (WC) claims, and possibly lawsuits.
- Time delays. When a worker is injured on a job site, the location of that injury immediately becomes an accident site. Often, it is cordoned off, pending investigations by OSHA and other authorities. This renders that spot inaccessible to workers, which often results in substantial delays. It’s also worth noting that an injured worker who leaves the site is one less worker to keep your project on time.
- Cost overruns. When you figure in potential costs associated with WC claims, legal fees, higher insurance premiums, delay penalties and more, it’s easy to see that costs associated with any jobsite injury can add up quickly.
When you’re evaluating electrical contractors for your next project, the contractor you choose must maintain an established and comprehensive safety program that ensures workers are properly trained in all elements of safe work practices. This helps to mitigate jobsite accidents and keep project schedules and budgets on track. Anything less is unacceptable.
RJ Martin Electric places the highest priority on providing employees with a safe and clean work environment. In fact, you would have a hard time finding an electrical contractor with a more comprehensive safety program. How so?
- Our award-winning program includes comprehensive drug-free workplace education, training and testing.
- Our commitment to safety is underscored through our training and enforcement of company policy, state regulations and OSHA rules.
- A full-time RJ Martin Electric safety supervisor coordinates training, conducts jobsite inspections, and internally enforces company, state and federal regulations.
- ALL of our electricians have completed the OSHA 10-hour or 30-hour Construction Safety and Health course.
- We establish a site-specific safety plan at the start of each project.
- We conduct weekly toolbox talks to satisfy an OSHA mandate that demonstrates a working and vital safety program
- Our Experience Modification Rate (EMR) is well below the 1.0 industry average.
Whatever your next project may be, when it’s time to select an electrical contractor, make sure the one you choose has a comprehensive and fully documented safety program in place. Its program will help ensure that your contractor stays safe on the job. And that, in turn, will help keep your project on time and on budget.
Contact RJ Martin Electric to learn more.
We hope this blog gives you a strong sense of the premium that outstanding electrical contracting firms place on safety. If you’re looking for an exceptional electrical contracting firm for your next project, or if you want information about RJ Martin Electric’s experience in industrial, health care, commercial, education and retail markets, please call Robert J. Martin at 216-662-7100 or email email@example.com.