RJ Martin Electric is a single-source electrical contracting firm serving commercial, industrial, health care, retail and educational enterprises. Founded in 1987 by Robert J. Martin, Sr., RJ Martin Electric today remains a family-owned business employing over 100 people. Our management team alone has nearly 200 years of combined construction experience. Working collaboratively with our certified electricians and staff, the people of RJ Martin Electric have delivered more than $350 million in top-notch electrical services throughout Northeast Ohio, and across the U.S.
Our company maintains offices in Cleveland, Ohio and Charleston, South Carolina metropolitan areas.
What We Do:
RJ Martin Electric provides services on a wide variety of projects including schools and municipal buildings; hospitals; warehouses; offices; food processing plants; industrial facilities; power plants; hotels/ motels; assisted living facilities; retail stores; restaurants; movie theaters and theatrical stages.
How We Operate:
At RJ Martin Electric, we’re proud of the way we conduct our business. What does this mean?
- Rates: Our labor rates are based on the merit shop philosophy; they’re very competitive, and typically lower than the union scale.
- Reliability: Construction projects of any size are complex and demand strict adherence to schedules and budgets. For every job…
- Our electricians are on site when we say they’ll be there
- They perform work according to the contract specifications
- Everyone in our company responds in a timely manner to questions or concerns
- We work within time and budgetary parameters
- Ingenuity: Our company maintains a breadth and depth of experience in multiple industries. We’ve seen it all, we know what works best in all types of environments—and we possess the creativity, insight and, frankly, the courage to recommend alternative approaches when appropriate.
- Safety: Our established and comprehensive safety program ensures workers are properly trained in all elements of safe work practices. This helps to mitigate jobsite accidents and keep project schedules and budgets on track. Learn more about our comprehensive safety program.
- A true sense of caring: We take business personally—we truly care about our customers, and we care about getting the job done in a first-class, quality fashion, on time and on budget.
"RJ Martin Electric provided a wealth of knowledge and experience that is not typical in today’s workplace. The quality of their work reflects the values of their company."
What Sets Us Apart From Other Electrical Contractors:
- Our electrical contracting capabilities and reach extend nationwide. We’re licensed as an electrical contractor in 31 states and maintain more than 335 municipal licenses throughout the U.S. We also have 40 service trucks operating across the country. We’re where you need us to be—when you need us to be there.
- We’re the go-to electrical contractor for leading GCs and businesses across the country. More than three-quarters of our customers last year were repeat business.
- We keep our promises—all of them. We’ve maintained 100 percent fulfillment of all contractual obligations over the past 30 years.
- You would have a hard time finding an electrical contractor with a more comprehensive safety program.
- Our award-winning program includes comprehensive drug-free workplace education, training and testing. Our electricians have completed the state- and federally-certified apprenticeship program. Our electricians also participate in three-year cycle NEC code updates and review to stay current on evolving code requirements. In addition, our project managers have attended the Electrical Project Management Institute, an intensive management education program, at Purdue University.
- ALL of our electricians have completed the OSHA 10-hour or 30-hour Construction Safety and Health course.
- We establish a site-specific safety plan at the start of each project.
- Our Experience Modification Rate (EMR) is well below the 1.0 industry average.
Our total commitment to safety helps ensure your project stays safe, on time, and on budget.
- Our company is repeatedly recognized for excellence in our industry. In 2016 and 2017 alone, we received four Excellence in Construction awards.